You are here:   Home Entertainment Wladimir Klitschko vs. Eddie Chambers

Wladimir Klitschko vs. Eddie Chambers

E-mail Print PDF

 

 

 

 WBO/IBF/IBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko of Ukraine has decided on the date of his next fight: he is planning to battle WBO mandatory Eddie Chambers (USA) in March, 2010, Klitschko-junior told an interview with boxingscene.com.

 
Wladimir confirmed that he will not step into the ring this year because of shoulder operation and that his possible bout with Eddie Chambers is moved to March, 2010. Talks between the boxers are underway so far. 

Klitschko refuted rumors that the fight was moved not only because of Wladimir's shoulder injury but because HBO has already exhausted their budget for this year and can't buy broadcasting rights for this duel. He said that his bout with Chambers will be likely broadcasted by ESPN. "HBO really has problems with funds. However our fights still take place," the Ukrainian boxer said. 

UKRINFORM


Written by: Sashko Thursday, 03 September 2009 14:08 Last Updated on Friday, 29 January 2010 11:29